The South Milwaukee Police Department has issued the following statement:
"On the evening of Jan. 5, 2013, SMPD received a call of an armed robbery in the 800 block of Lakeview Avenue. A suspect vehicle was later observed by SMPD officers, and the vehicle was stopped in the 7500 block of Howell Avenue in Oak Creek. A foot chase with two subjects that fled the vehicle resulted in their apprehension. A firearm believed to have been used in the robbery was later recovered in the parking lot of the Sikh Temple. This case remains under investigation. It is believed all suspects have been taken into custody."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Former MLB player John Mallee to coach at Prospect Training Academy
- Black Bear Bottling named 2015 Business of the Year by South Suburban Chamber of Commerce (1)
- Oak Creek Common Council denies police chief's request for 7.5-percent raise — at least for 2016
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Tickets now on sale for annual 'Taste of Oak Creek-Franklin' fundraiser
- Oak Creek's former city hall, library now demolished
- Oak Creek participates in national Water and Health Study
- Video: Oak Creek reflects on Obama's call for tighter gun legislation
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 28, 2016 issue
- New Oak Creek Goodwill Store to host grand opening (4)