Oak Creek - Police have issued an arrest warrant for an alleged drug dealer who escaped custody Oct. 31.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A 26-year-old Milwaukee man sold six bags of crack cocaine to an undercover police officer while the two were sitting in a car in the parking lot at Milwaukee Area Technical College, 6665 S. Howell Ave., shortly before 8 a.m. Oct. 31.
When a detective came to the passenger-side door to make the arrest, the man struck him and ran off, with two officers in pursuit. The officers caught the man, but he resisted arrest and refused to put his hands behind his back.
Police used a Taser to gain control of the man after they saw him place a plastic bag into his mouth. The man was unable to swallow the bag and eventually spit it out. The bag contained 3.5 grams of powder cocaine, 14 grams of crack cocaine and 33 additional corner-cut bags.
He was arrested for possession of cocaine with intent to deliver, resisting an officer and felony bail jumping. After his arrest, he was taken to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital because he had ingested some cocaine.
At 8:50 p.m., Wheaton Franciscan called police to report the man had escaped the hospital through an emergency exit. Police searched the area but were unable to find him.
- Oak Creek holding selfie search contest in July
- Oak Creek increases dog ownership limit from two to three
- Oak Creek police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Summer Concert Series begins June 29
- Splash pad gets off to a slippery start at Drexel Town Square (1)
- Nominations being accepted for the 2016 Oak Creek Landscaping Awards
- Oak Creek combating Emerald Ash Borer with chemicals
- Oak Creek police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Miliacca eyes state pageant title
- Oak Creek passes agreement for senior community in Drexel Town Square