Oak Creek - A shoplifting suspect who was being pursued by South Milwaukee police was arrested in Oak Creek after he drove his car into wet cement in a construction area Oct. 24.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
About 11:45 a.m., South Milwaukee police reported a 45-year-old Oak Creek man was driving west on Drexel Avenue, approaching Howell Avenue, when he drove over the median and began driving west in the eastbound lanes of traffic. The vehicle finally became disabled after the man drove through wet cement in a construction area near Howell and Drexel avenues.
Construction workers told police the driver and his passenger, an unidentified female, exited the vehicle and fled on foot. Officers found the man in the 8100 block of South Wynona Drive and took him into custody.
The man also was wanted on a Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office warrant for retail theft. He was turned over to South Milwaukee police.
Police were unable to find the woman.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Mayor Scaffidi to host 'State of the City' chat via Twitter tonight
- News & Notes: April 17
- Corrections: April 17
- Police Report: April 15
- 'Treat and Go' trauma kits will fill Oak Creek classrooms
- Club 2:35 inspires creativity outside of the classroom
- Man calls police, is arrested after punching officer in head
- Sikhs in Washington honor Officer Brian Murphy
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District weighs teacher merit pay
- Cash donations for funeral taken from Oak Creek home