A 22-year-old Greenfield man who ate approximately one gram of marijuana in an effort to hide it from police during a traffic stop ended up receiving a citation anyway.
According to Oak Creek police:
Officers pulled the man over for an unsafe lane deviation in the 2600 block of West Sycamore Avenue at 2:30 a.m. Sunday. While giving the man a written warning, the officer observed that the driver seemed somewhat "out of it," and noticed his heart was beating rapidly, his breathing was fast and his words were shaky.
The officer then asked the suspect to exit his car in order to speak to him. While exiting, the driver turned away from the officer and appeared to conceal something in his waistband. A body search was executed and a purple glass pipe with charred residue fell out of the suspect's shorts and onto the ground.
During the search the officer also noticed the suspect had several small pieces of plant material on his tongue. The suspect then admitted to the officer that he ate approximately one gram of marijuana during the traffic stop in an attempt to hide it from police.
Oak Creek Fire Department was called to the scene to check on the health of the suspect while he was being booked. He was cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man hits workers with gravel because construction made it difficult to get into his driveway
- Helicopter helps place HVAC units on Meijer at Drexel Town Square
- Elderly resident with asthma trapped in elevator at Country View Retirement Home
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Oak Creek Knights marching band captures its first state title
- Oak Creek High School production company plays to strengths of The Little Theater
- Amendments may curtail proposed closing of Hales Corners wading pool and elimination of UW-Extension
- In a new proposed OCFSD course, students would build a house
- Oak Creek Water Street Brewery takes one step closer
- Oak Creek woman charged as part of prescription fraud ring