A group of men used a classic confidence game to trick people out of their money last week in Oak Creek.
According to the police report:
An employee reported eight people scamming people for money with card games in the parking lot at Love's Travel Center, 9650 S. 20th St., at 12:30 p.m. June 13.
The people, described as "scruffy" males, were parked by the semi-truck parking lot and used three-card games to scam people into losing cash.
The men fled in two vehicles, and police were unable to find them.
You can find additional suburban crime news, compiled from more than 20 local police stations, each week at MyCommunityNOW.com's interactive police map.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College students to work with Greendale schools for reading program
- Woman was struck after argument about friend being hit in the groin
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Greendale trustees rescind polling place referendum question
- Flight for Life responds to rollover accident in Greendale
- St. Francis and Oak Creek combine police dispatch units: Cities combine police dispatch units
- Motorist chased children, used racial slur, cops say
- Greendale School District to "get on a different trajectory" for polling place issue
- Greendale Schools to re-evaluate polling place requests this Thursday
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue