A group of 12 men who appeared to be armed and donned swastika-adorned military gear in Franklin on Sunday turned out to be less threatening than originally thought.
According to the police report:
A caller reported seeing 12 males putting on military gear with swastika banks on their arms and carrying weapons near the wooden bridge on the Oak Leaf Bike Trail in the 6000 block of West Puetz Road a little before noon.
Officers responded to the area and found the subjects were filming a movie and the weapons were all fake.
The subjects were advised next time they film to post a sign so it does not alarm others who are on the bridge.
Correction made at 10:15 a.m. on April 25 to update location of where this incident happened.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek and Franklin primary: What's on the ballot
- Oak Creek Chick-fil-A announces March grand opening, 'First 100' promotion
- Former MLB player John Mallee to coach at Prospect Training Academy (1)
- Black Bear Bottling named 2015 Business of the Year by South Suburban Chamber of Commerce (1)
- Oak Creek denies police chief's request for 7.5 % raise
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Tickets now on sale for annual 'Taste of Oak Creek-Franklin' fundraiser
- Oak Creek's former city hall, library now demolished
- Oak Creek participates in national Water and Health Study