A group of 12 men who appeared to be armed and donned swastika-adorned military gear in Franklin on Sunday turned out to be less threatening than originally thought.
According to the police report:
A caller reported seeing 12 males putting on military gear with swastika banks on their arms and carrying weapons near the wooden bridge on the Oak Leaf Bike Trail in the 6000 block of West Puetz Road a little before noon.
Officers responded to the area and found the subjects were filming a movie and the weapons were all fake.
The subjects were advised next time they film to post a sign so it does not alarm others who are on the bridge.
Correction made at 10:15 a.m. on April 25 to update location of where this incident happened.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Old market lives on in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- Man arrested for masturbating in shopping center lot in Oak Creek
- Eatery falters amid road construction in Oak Creek
- Domestic bird found stray in Oak Creek
- Pixologie photo organizers memorialize life stories
- Alderman settles into new spot on Common Council
- Sweet Music brings southern hospitality to Oak Creek Market Place Village
- Even with planned warning signs, Drexel and Howell avenues still a worry for bicyclists
- Ash borer becomes an even bigger pest in Oak Creek