A group of 12 men who appeared to be armed and donned swastika-adorned military gear in Franklin on Sunday turned out to be less threatening than originally thought.
According to the police report:
A caller reported seeing 12 males putting on military gear with swastika banks on their arms and carrying weapons near the wooden bridge on the Oak Leaf Bike Trail in the 6000 block of West Puetz Road a little before noon.
Officers responded to the area and found the subjects were filming a movie and the weapons were all fake.
The subjects were advised next time they film to post a sign so it does not alarm others who are on the bridge.
Correction made at 10:15 a.m. on April 25 to update location of where this incident happened.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek city attorney ends his Supreme accomplishments
- Still in the picture: Pixologie continues to grow photo service
- Oak Creek's Meijer supercenter to open Aug. 4
- Oak Creek-Franklin parent group pushes for larger school board membership
- 'Not one more' life: Oak Creek service stresses need for drop in gun violence (2)
- Oak Creek police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Video: Oak Creek-Franklin flips coin to determine task force chair; parents invited to apply
- #RisingForCharleston Service to support victims of church shooting, request stricter gun laws
- Oak Creek-Franklin district says farewell to its superintendent of growth