A group of 12 men who appeared to be armed and donned swastika-adorned military gear in Franklin on Sunday turned out to be less threatening than originally thought.
According to the police report:
A caller reported seeing 12 males putting on military gear with swastika banks on their arms and carrying weapons near the wooden bridge on the Oak Leaf Bike Trail in the 6000 block of West Puetz Road a little before noon.
Officers responded to the area and found the subjects were filming a movie and the weapons were all fake.
The subjects were advised next time they film to post a sign so it does not alarm others who are on the bridge.
Correction made at 10:15 a.m. on April 25 to update location of where this incident happened.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chick-fil-A seeks Oak Creek's Drexel Town Square for new restaurant
- Assisted living facility eyes Oak Creek neighborhood for new location
- Oak Creek police officers negotiate 2 percent wage increase
- Oak Creek funds non-union city employee wage increases for first time since 2011
- Azura Memory Care seeks to build 13th Wisconsin location in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Open gym available Saturday nights at Oak Creek West Middle School
- Correction: Oak Creek has three alderman positions up for re-election
- Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek gets healthy addition: Froedtert facility
- Oak Creek pays its 60th year 'forward' with monthly acts of service