A group of 12 men who appeared to be armed and donned swastika-adorned military gear in Franklin on Sunday turned out to be less threatening than originally thought.
According to the police report:
A caller reported seeing 12 males putting on military gear with swastika banks on their arms and carrying weapons near the wooden bridge on the Oak Leaf Bike Trail in the 6000 block of West Puetz Road a little before noon.
Officers responded to the area and found the subjects were filming a movie and the weapons were all fake.
The subjects were advised next time they film to post a sign so it does not alarm others who are on the bridge.
Correction made at 10:15 a.m. on April 25 to update location of where this incident happened.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek announces open house for new Civic Center
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek residents to see rate decrease in city portion of tax bill
- Wisconsin DOT: South 27th Street is open for business during holiday season (1)
- Meijer to provide food for Oak Creek's annual 'Evening of Blessings'
- Oak Creek 8th graders 'view the world' as journalists in writing unit, 4 essays to be posted online (1)
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 19, 2015
- Oak Creek planners can live with modified apartment proposal
- Oak Creek Culver's to host annual Kids2Kids Toy Drive
- Resident invited to special Packers event after solving Associated Bank's 'turf search' in Oak Creek