After a joint investigation between the Greendale Police Department and the Greendale School District, several students were taken into custody today for a recent bomb threat at Greendale High School.
The investigation is ongoing, according to Greendale Police Chief Robert Malasuk.
The students will face the school district's usual and customary discipline process, up to and including expulsion. The students will not be allowed to return to Greendale High School until the situation is resolved.
Police and bomb-sniffing dogs searched Greendale High School on Tuesday morning for a bomb but found none, said Malasuk.
Police were called after a note written on the wall of a girl's bathroom was discovered at 1:15 p.m. Monday indicating that a bomb was going to go off Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BMX, skateboarding competition canceled Saturday in Oak Creek
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- 'Land fill' paves way for new lakefront road in Oak Creek
- Zone Baseball makes The Rock its home plate
- Old market lives on in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- Man arrested for masturbating in shopping center lot in Oak Creek
- Eatery falters amid road construction in Oak Creek
- Domestic bird found stray in Oak Creek
- Pixologie photo organizers memorialize life stories