After a joint investigation between the Greendale Police Department and the Greendale School District, several students were taken into custody today for a recent bomb threat at Greendale High School.
The investigation is ongoing, according to Greendale Police Chief Robert Malasuk.
The students will face the school district's usual and customary discipline process, up to and including expulsion. The students will not be allowed to return to Greendale High School until the situation is resolved.
Police and bomb-sniffing dogs searched Greendale High School on Tuesday morning for a bomb but found none, said Malasuk.
Police were called after a note written on the wall of a girl's bathroom was discovered at 1:15 p.m. Monday indicating that a bomb was going to go off Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
- View some Art in the Park in Oak Creek May 28
- Oak Creek police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- IKEA tries to get into TIF at Oak Creek site (1)
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek flies military-spangled banners to honor 'heroes'
- Meijer and Family Life Center partner in Simply Give food pantry donation program