After a joint investigation between the Greendale Police Department and the Greendale School District, several students were taken into custody today for a recent bomb threat at Greendale High School.
The investigation is ongoing, according to Greendale Police Chief Robert Malasuk.
The students will face the school district's usual and customary discipline process, up to and including expulsion. The students will not be allowed to return to Greendale High School until the situation is resolved.
Police and bomb-sniffing dogs searched Greendale High School on Tuesday morning for a bomb but found none, said Malasuk.
Police were called after a note written on the wall of a girl's bathroom was discovered at 1:15 p.m. Monday indicating that a bomb was going to go off Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek teams with Packer Radio Network for merchandise giveaway
- Hotel calls police about woman being beaten, but it was a couple role-playing during sex
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Ready to move into a luxury apartment in Drexel Town Square?
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Oak Creek volunteers restore Milwaukee home, and more, with their efforts
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Suzy's Cream Cheesecakes expands operations to Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Knights stadium available Saturdays for open track