An Oak Creek police officer who responded to a report of a goat running loose in traffic discovered two things: the goat was actually a lamb, and a lamb on the lam is hard to corral.
According to Oak Creek police, a caller reported that a goat was running northbound in traffic on South Ash Street and East Rawson Avenue around 12:40 p.m. Dec. 9.
The officer responding to the call reported the animal was actually a lamb, and believed it belonged to the petting zoo at Mega Discount Nursery, 1901 Rawson Ave.
The officer tried to assist nursery employees who were trying to corral the lamb, but he was unable to secure it before leaving the area.
Employees at the nursery continued to follow the lamb, who led them on a two-hour chase through yards, over fences and across streets.
The lamb traveled from Oak Creek to South Milwaukee, and back to Oak Creek again before finally being tackled by nursery employee, whose first name just happens to be "Bronco."
Mike Beaumont, the owner of Mega Discount Nursery, said the 150-pound lamb rammed an employee and jumped over a fence in order to gain his freedom early Friday afternoon.
He was also glad to report that the lamb, named "Timmy," is back in the petting zoo, safe and sound.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Star of 'Dance Moms' to make Oak Creek appearance
- Sikh Temple announces memorial events to honor victims of shooting
- Oak Creek police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- Four things to know about new Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek (8)
- YES reports campaign to expand Oak Creek School Board has enough signatures for public vote (2)
- New Oak Creek Fire Station No. 1 to host open house
- Water Street Brewery opens Oak Creek location
- Oak Creek High announces student registration schedule
- Oak Creek Library to use Meijer donation for teen Internet cafe
- Annual 'ChardhiKala' 6K run to honor victims of Sikh Temple shooting