An Oak Creek police officer who responded to a report of a goat running loose in traffic discovered two things: the goat was actually a lamb, and a lamb on the lam is hard to corral.
According to Oak Creek police, a caller reported that a goat was running northbound in traffic on South Ash Street and East Rawson Avenue around 12:40 p.m. Dec. 9.
The officer responding to the call reported the animal was actually a lamb, and believed it belonged to the petting zoo at Mega Discount Nursery, 1901 Rawson Ave.
The officer tried to assist nursery employees who were trying to corral the lamb, but he was unable to secure it before leaving the area.
Employees at the nursery continued to follow the lamb, who led them on a two-hour chase through yards, over fences and across streets.
The lamb traveled from Oak Creek to South Milwaukee, and back to Oak Creek again before finally being tackled by nursery employee, whose first name just happens to be "Bronco."
Mike Beaumont, the owner of Mega Discount Nursery, said the 150-pound lamb rammed an employee and jumped over a fence in order to gain his freedom early Friday afternoon.
He was also glad to report that the lamb, named "Timmy," is back in the petting zoo, safe and sound.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Trail continues toward Abendschein Park's full development in Oak Creek
- Man arrested for fraud after ordering food, passing out and leaving eatery
- Teen drug use, prevention panel discussion Thursday, Oct. 30
- Early voting now open at Oak Creek City Hall
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Oak Creek town hall meeting on Wednesday
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Hales Corners town hall meeting on Wednesday
- Local schools are bursting at the seams
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Lake Vista redevelopment reaches 'point of action' in Oak Creek