Firearms safety classes for satisfying training requirements to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit will be held starting in August at the James Ryan Municipal Building, 5635 S. New Berlin Rd., Hales Corners.
The six - hour course will be taught by police officers who are firearms instructors. It covers safety awareness, proper firearm care, secure storage, legal aspects of carrying a firearm and basic marksmanship. Each participant will pay a nominal fee of $100.
Any member of the public is welcome to attend with the exception of those not yet 21, those who have been convicted of a felony, misdemeanor domestic violence offenses or those prohibited from possessing a firearm under federal law. Also ineligible for the course are those who have been charged with a misdemeanor or felony and the court has prohibited them from possessing a dangerous weapon as a condition of bail or release.
For more information or to register for a class, contact Sgt. Rick VonDrasek at 414-529-6140.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man robbed in his own backyard in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek man killed in Sauk County traffic accident
- Oak Creek community buries time capsule at future city hall
- Oak Creek-Franklin School Board receives voter approval to add two more seats
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District approves preliminary budget, calls for tax rate increase
- Tickets now available for Oak Creek's Pig and Chicken Roast
- Oak Creek police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- Parents invited to attend Oak Creek High School's open house
- Photo service Pixologie joins Charles Allis Art Museum to create historical archive