Firearms safety classes for satisfying training requirements to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit will be held starting in August at the James Ryan Municipal Building, 5635 S. New Berlin Rd., Hales Corners.
The six - hour course will be taught by police officers who are firearms instructors. It covers safety awareness, proper firearm care, secure storage, legal aspects of carrying a firearm and basic marksmanship. Each participant will pay a nominal fee of $100.
Any member of the public is welcome to attend with the exception of those not yet 21, those who have been convicted of a felony, misdemeanor domestic violence offenses or those prohibited from possessing a firearm under federal law. Also ineligible for the course are those who have been charged with a misdemeanor or felony and the court has prohibited them from possessing a dangerous weapon as a condition of bail or release.
For more information or to register for a class, contact Sgt. Rick VonDrasek at 414-529-6140.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek's Meijer supercenter to open Aug. 4
- Oak Creek-Franklin parent group pushes for larger school board membership
- 'Not one more' life: Oak Creek service stresses need for drop in gun violence (2)
- Oak Creek police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Video: Oak Creek-Franklin flips coin to determine task force chair; parents invited to apply
- #RisingForCharleston Service to support victims of church shooting, request stricter gun laws
- Oak Creek-Franklin Superintendent Sara Burmeister retires
- Oak Creek police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Elm Grove police seek leads in robbery
- Oak Creek-Franklin board forms new committee to deal with school boundaries debate