The Bay View Neighborhood Association today announced Go Green Night at Chill on the Hill. Go Green Night is at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Humboldt Park band shell, 3000 South Howell Ave. The evening focuses on renewable energies, urban ecology, recycling initiatives and cleaner transportation.
"Chill on the Hill's Go Green Night will provide opportunities for attendees to learn how to live more sustainably, more than simply separating recyclables out of the trash," said Rob Miller, BVNA's Environmental Chair. "The average citizen probably doesn't know that even old athletic shoes can be recycled as well as aluminum cans or plastic bottles."
Besides collecting art supplies for Project Crayon Box and toiletries for homeless veterans, the BVNA, along with Milwaukee Recycles, will be recycling athletic shoes in spirit of the night's green initiatives.
At least 10 local organizations will set up booths and exhibits, including: Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District; Milwaukee Recycles; Holistic Mom's Network; Sweet Water Organics; Midwest Renewable Energy Association; Milwaukee Energy Efficiency; Milwaukee Shines; Victory Garden Initiative; Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin; and Prasser-Kleczka Funeral Homes
- Oak Creek police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek strategizes for an updated plan
- Oak Creek holding selfie search contest in July
- Oak Creek increases dog ownership limit from two to three
- Oak Creek police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Summer Concert Series begins June 29
- Splash pad gets off to a slippery start at Drexel Town Square (1)
- Nominations being accepted for the 2016 Oak Creek Landscaping Awards
- Oak Creek combating Emerald Ash Borer with chemicals
- Oak Creek police report: June 16, 2016 issue