The Bay View Neighborhood Association today announced Go Green Night at Chill on the Hill. Go Green Night is at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Humboldt Park band shell, 3000 South Howell Ave. The evening focuses on renewable energies, urban ecology, recycling initiatives and cleaner transportation.
"Chill on the Hill's Go Green Night will provide opportunities for attendees to learn how to live more sustainably, more than simply separating recyclables out of the trash," said Rob Miller, BVNA's Environmental Chair. "The average citizen probably doesn't know that even old athletic shoes can be recycled as well as aluminum cans or plastic bottles."
Besides collecting art supplies for Project Crayon Box and toiletries for homeless veterans, the BVNA, along with Milwaukee Recycles, will be recycling athletic shoes in spirit of the night's green initiatives.
At least 10 local organizations will set up booths and exhibits, including: Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District; Milwaukee Recycles; Holistic Mom's Network; Sweet Water Organics; Midwest Renewable Energy Association; Milwaukee Energy Efficiency; Milwaukee Shines; Victory Garden Initiative; Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin; and Prasser-Kleczka Funeral Homes
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Exciting' Growing Pains: Southbrook to expand church to accommodate thriving congregation
- Oak Creek police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee-area teens aim to continue fight against teen suicide
- Oak Creek High School track to be named after Jerry Anstett
- Oak Creek police report: March 26, 2015
- Mayor Steve Scaffidi weighs-in on issues and successes of Oak Creek
- Chick-fil-A approval for Drexel Town Square generates 'buzz' in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek reports former alderwoman Betty Kopplin has died
- Oak Creek police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Incumbent Ruetz faces former alderman Verhalen in Oak Creek's 3rd District