Oak Creek — Police are investigating the theft of more than $10,000 worth of cellphones during an early morning burglary at RadioShack, 8907 S. Howell Ave., Nov. 5.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The store's security company alerted police after receiving multiple alarms at 4:44 a.m. Nov. 5. The security company reported two glass breaks at the building and movement in the front and rear sales areas.
When police arrived, they discovered someone had smashed out a window just east of the main entrance doors. Once inside, the perpetrator looked for AT&T, Sprint and Verizon iPhones. Display cases were pulled off counters and drawers were rummaged through.
A hammer was used to break the lock on a caged area where the cellphones are kept.
Seventeen cellphones, valued at $10,600, were stolen. The business provided police with serial numbers for the stolen phones and they were entered into a national database.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Seuss' birthday celebrated at Oak Creek library for Family Fun Night
- Got stuff? The Clutter Coach is coming to Oak Creek to help
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- City divided on addition of Chick-fil-A at Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek
- OCFSD considers more than $1 million in proposed capital improvements
- Milwaukee County Transit expands bus service to Oak Creek
- Sikh Temple shooting examined in one-hour documentary Monday
- Voters in Oak Creek-Franklin and Greendale decide candidates for April 7 election
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 19, 2015, issue
- Four OCFSD school board candidates advance to April's general election