Oak Creek — Police are investigating the theft of more than $10,000 worth of cellphones during an early morning burglary at RadioShack, 8907 S. Howell Ave., Nov. 5.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The store's security company alerted police after receiving multiple alarms at 4:44 a.m. Nov. 5. The security company reported two glass breaks at the building and movement in the front and rear sales areas.
When police arrived, they discovered someone had smashed out a window just east of the main entrance doors. Once inside, the perpetrator looked for AT&T, Sprint and Verizon iPhones. Display cases were pulled off counters and drawers were rummaged through.
A hammer was used to break the lock on a caged area where the cellphones are kept.
Seventeen cellphones, valued at $10,600, were stolen. The business provided police with serial numbers for the stolen phones and they were entered into a national database.
- Video: 'Why not Oak Creek?' IKEA plans to open furniture store in summer 2018
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek (1)
- Annual Oak Creek bike rodeo mixes fun and safety
- Oak Creek police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek student facing charges after stealing car, eluding police
- Oak Creek police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District's director of business reflects on career, looks forward in Q&A
- Meijer customers given opportunity to co-star in television commercial
- Oak Creek receives 'Vision Award' for Drexel Town Square development