Oak Creek — Police are investigating the theft of more than $10,000 worth of cellphones during an early morning burglary at RadioShack, 8907 S. Howell Ave., Nov. 5.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The store's security company alerted police after receiving multiple alarms at 4:44 a.m. Nov. 5. The security company reported two glass breaks at the building and movement in the front and rear sales areas.
When police arrived, they discovered someone had smashed out a window just east of the main entrance doors. Once inside, the perpetrator looked for AT&T, Sprint and Verizon iPhones. Display cases were pulled off counters and drawers were rummaged through.
A hammer was used to break the lock on a caged area where the cellphones are kept.
Seventeen cellphones, valued at $10,600, were stolen. The business provided police with serial numbers for the stolen phones and they were entered into a national database.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public workshop welcomes input for Lake Vista redevelopment
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Residents can provide input for updated Oak Creek comprehensive plan
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek approves city budget with small tax levy increase
- Owls are a hoot at Deerfield Elementary
- Santa is ready to come to Oak Creek with a holiday workshop, bake contest and games
- Drugs, and concern about them, are on the rise in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek, Franklin residents vote "yes" to only one OCFSD referendum question