Oak Creek — Police are investigating the theft of more than $10,000 worth of cellphones during an early morning burglary at RadioShack, 8907 S. Howell Ave., Nov. 5.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The store's security company alerted police after receiving multiple alarms at 4:44 a.m. Nov. 5. The security company reported two glass breaks at the building and movement in the front and rear sales areas.
When police arrived, they discovered someone had smashed out a window just east of the main entrance doors. Once inside, the perpetrator looked for AT&T, Sprint and Verizon iPhones. Display cases were pulled off counters and drawers were rummaged through.
A hammer was used to break the lock on a caged area where the cellphones are kept.
Seventeen cellphones, valued at $10,600, were stolen. The business provided police with serial numbers for the stolen phones and they were entered into a national database.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek residents to see rate decrease in city portion of tax bill
- Wisconsin DOT: South 27th Street is open for business during holiday season (1)
- Meijer to provide food for Oak Creek's annual 'Evening of Blessings'
- Oak Creek 8th graders 'view the world' as journalists in writing unit, 4 essays to be posted online (1)
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 19, 2015
- Oak Creek planners can live with modified apartment proposal
- Oak Creek Culver's to host annual Kids2Kids Toy Drive
- Resident invited to special Packers event after solving Associated Bank's 'turf search' in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 12, 2015 issue