Oak Creek — Police are investigating the theft of more than $10,000 worth of cellphones during an early morning burglary at RadioShack, 8907 S. Howell Ave., Nov. 5.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The store's security company alerted police after receiving multiple alarms at 4:44 a.m. Nov. 5. The security company reported two glass breaks at the building and movement in the front and rear sales areas.
When police arrived, they discovered someone had smashed out a window just east of the main entrance doors. Once inside, the perpetrator looked for AT&T, Sprint and Verizon iPhones. Display cases were pulled off counters and drawers were rummaged through.
A hammer was used to break the lock on a caged area where the cellphones are kept.
Seventeen cellphones, valued at $10,600, were stolen. The business provided police with serial numbers for the stolen phones and they were entered into a national database.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- School district expects building recommendation by July
- Oak Creek OKs borrowing $20.5 million for City Hall/Library
- Police Report: March 4
- News & Notes: March 4
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Man arrested for pulling man from car, punching him
- Date steals woman's belongings, strands her at gas station
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record
- Two Oak Creek-Franklin schools likely to have safer entrances next fall
- Air Force recruiting office reports receiving threatening phone calls