· Steven and Jennifer (Brunner) Hady of Franklin are the parents of Jackson Thomas Hady, born Feb. 14, 2014. He was 8 pounds, 6 ounces and 20.5 inches long. Siblings are Alexander, 6, and Logan, 3. Grandparents are John and Carol Brunner of Franklin and Pete and Yvonne Hady of Gays Mills. Great-grandparents are Rodney Zimmerman of Juda.
· The following students made the fall semester dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point: from Franklin — Taylor Atkinson, Drake Blankenmeyer and Rachel Montoya; from Greendale — Zachary Beard, Abigail Ellsworth, Travis Kahl and Kirsten Voss; from Hales Corners — Kristin Stollenwerk; and from Oak Creek — Jessica Breen, Jenna Crayton, Jordan Imoehl, Caitlin Lindsay, Courtney MacDonald, Jamie Nichol, Sallyann Siira, Nathaniel Yost and Devin Zingsheim.
· The following graduates earned bachelor's degrees, or other degrees as noted, from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in December: from Franklin — Suleman Afzal, letters, Farah Alvi, letters, Scott Buechs, education, Brianna Lee Burns, letters, Kyle Danowski, letters, Gilbert Daranikone, information studies, Yuvika Dhawan, master's of letters, Erik Feller, engineering, Matthew Hendricks, health sciences, Kaitlyn Johns, letters, Wendy Kujawa, letters, Kyle Larscheidt, letters, Shannon Marble, letters, Tricia McCuen, information studies, Marcus McDade, engineering, Andrew Miller, business, Megan Ann Mittelstadt, health sciences, Nickolas Mueller, global studies interdisciplinary, Alyssa Murray, education, Nicholas Niemczyk, business, Nicholas Nowak, engineering, Karanbir Randhawa, letters, Samuel Rothering, health sciences, Kimberly Scott, master's of social work, Ravinder Singh, business, Douglas Smith Jr., social welfare, Karin Stefancic Sr., nursing, Rachel Rae Tripi, letters, Rosemarie Vugrinec-Daleiden, nursing, Paul Yakich, letters, Stephanie Zajdel, nursing, Scott Zarling, letters; from Greendale — Brittney Anderson, letters, Jared Bierbach, letters, Rebecca Ceel, letters, Allison Drilling, education, Kathryn Ehlinger, business, Brandon Henry, business, Christopher Kubczak, information studies, Mary Lange, master's of education, Velinka Medic, master's health sciences, Sean Murphy, business, Matthew Petri, letters, and Mark Proffitt, doctorate of philosophy; from Hales Corners — Karla Gonzalez, social welfare, Jeannine Lemley, nursing and Scott Pavlichek, engineering; and from Oak Creek — Fadi Al-Khatib, engineering, Marissa Bittner, business, Andrew Dowling, architecture & urban planning, Ashley Christina Emond, letters, Amanda Gerber, social welfare, Ravi Ghosh, engineering, Casandra Goodman, business, Berat Islami, business, Janet Kaeding, education, Ananta Kothapalli, master's of engineering, Eric Kukowski, social welfare, Kong Meng Lo, nursing, Brad Losiniecki, business, Katherine Lubbert, business, Hannah Mann, letters, Jessica Muchka, business, Farrah Nazar, business, Zachary Olsen, letters, Laura Ann Rickey, nursing, Priyam Nitin Shah, fine arts, Tiffany Sullivan, fine arts, and Rajiek Wilson, nursing.
·Crystal Apfel of Oak Creek was named to the fall semester dean's list at Ellsworth Community College in Iowa Falls, Iowa.
·Kimberly Gehrig of Franklin and Mitchell Sabez of Greendale were inducted into the Phi Kappa Phi national honor society at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay in November.
·William Ross Trudell of Greendale was named to the fall semester honor's list at Valley City State University in Valley City, N.D.
·Jordan Hohl of Franklin made the fall semester dean's list at the University of Akron in Akron, Ohio.
·Kelly White of Hales Corners made the fall semester dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
· Troy Henkel of Oak Creek was part of a team that represented the University of Wisconsin-Madison's Wisconsin School of Business at Deloitte's National FanTAXtic Competition at Deloitte University in Dallas, Texas. After winning a regional competition in Milwaukee in the fall, the team competed against eight other teams from around the country and took home first place.
·Tyler Fink of Greendale was named to the fall semester dean's list at Carroll University in Waukesha.
· The following graduates earned bachelor's degrees, or other degrees as noted, at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse in December: from Franklin — Samantha Blackwood, biology, Erica Dillig, master's of recreation management, Mike Pritchard, finance and Alexander Romanowski, management; and from Oak Creek — David Hundseder, music, and Jacob Voss, theater arts, highest honors.
· The following students made the fall semester dean's list at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities: from Franklin — Kyle Coenen, Erica Kornhoff, Samuel Kortes, Corrin Laposki, Sr., and Hannah Paruzynski; from Greendale — Adam Schaefer; and from Oak Creek — Melissa Hartnell and Nicole Kaegi.
· The following students made the fall semester dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh: from Greendale — Megan Esau, Kendal Fragosso, Nicolas Jensen and Nathaniel Volz; from Hales Corners — Eric Ratkowski; from Franklin — Matthew Arend, Jessica Hauke, Brooke Heale, Monique Jamrose, Melanie Lepkowski, Rebbeca Mussatti, Joel Rathmann, Ryan Rayeske, Jessica Sauer, Matthew Schauer and Gabrhael Walman; and from Oak Creek — Nicole Klase, Megan Kosciesza, Michael Mandujano, Bradley Ploch, Kelsey Sageser, Tyler Schoemann, Barbara Truszynski and Chloe Williamson.
· The following students made the fall semester honor's roll at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh: from Franklin — Amanda Burch, Trina Do, Christina Eckes, Traa Haase, Jocelyn Hart, Daniel Kingstad, John Labisch, Gregary Rand, Kimberly Schwarzkopf, Tricia Slottke, Kaitlyn St. Onge, Taylor Wenzel and Alexa Wright; from Hales Corners — John Caron,Trenton Coleman and Taylor Peck; from Greendale — Tyler Dworak, Ruth Jensen, Karalen Senft, Jordan Stachowski and Andrew Thompson; and from Oak Creek —Tea Abazi, Matthew Cheaney, Crystal Knuth, Kaitlin Koepsel, Aleksandra Kubas, Abigail Marsh, Katherine O'Connell, Lisa Schanning, Breanna Simmons, Kellie Truszynski and Derrick Ziegler.
· The following students made the fall semester honor's list at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay: from Franklin — Crystal Remsza and Lynsi Shadd; from Greendale — Mitchell Sabez; and from Oak Creek — Megahn Daily, Benjamin Heicher, Tyler Hittman, Defrim Ramushevski and Melissa Zabkowicz.
· The following students were named to the fall semester dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee: from Franklin — Farah Alvi, Aleksandar Babic, Andjela Babic, Courtney Babula, Clayton Barbian, Amanda Barnes, Dina Dakwar, Mahmoud Akram Dakwar, Diane Doll, Bushra Fathima, Brandon Dominique Rashad Ford, Jacob Galaszewski, Joyce Groppi, Matthew Hendricks, Jennifer Hibbard, Michael Hill, Laura Hogan, Kaitlyn Johns, Dunya Aziz Khoury, Wendy Lyn Kujawa, Jay Kumar, Yale Kupfer, Kevin Mark Capistrano Lusterio, Tricia McCuen, Diane Meade, Henry Miller, Alyssa Murray, Jonah Mutranowski, Nicholas Niemczyk, Sabrina Pruszka, Alyssa Richter, Anthony Robertson, Justin Rosinski Jr., Daniel Rowland, Michael Donald Matthew Rozanski, Colleen Stock, Angel Taber, Austin Thomas, Nicole Thompson, Rosemarie Vugrinec-Daleiden and Emily Zeman; from Greendale — Dana Bartman, Tyler Beinlich, Brittany Benitez, Christopher Browning, Andrew Budziszek, Julia Deau, Anne DiMotto, Patrick Gordon, Taylor Rose Huber, Kristen Kmetz, Momcilo Kojic, Nicholas Kubczak, Nicklaus Augusta Diancin Lister, Djuka Potkonjak, Katherine Rodriguez, Iman Abdelmonem Salah, Natasha Scannell, Ibrahim Furkan Sevindik, Rebecca Simonson, David Janson Stock and Christopher Zvara; from Hales Corners — Trent Berglund, Colton Brendel, Andrew Cesarz, Rachel Dellevar, Alyssa Filips, Emma Greenheck, Jennifer Konkel, Todd Kurtz, Corey Lafleur, Syeda Mahwish Rashid, Syeda Sahrish Rashid, Frank Sellhausen and Ryann Sonntag; and from Oak Creek — Zara Ann Abu-Hamdan, Fayrouz Fawzi Abu-hamdan, Jacob Aschauer, Rachel Bielewicz, Travis Bong, Erika Books, Veronica Chandre, Alyssa Czerwinski, Denis Dhimarku, Natasa Djuric, Erin Dugan, Julia Frey, Joseph Friedli, Ashley Grainger, Carley Guzikowski, Amanda Hackeloer, Carolyn Hofmann, Sara Hofmann, Cassie Noelle Joy, Kyle Kneusel, Tyler Kostrzewa, Laurie Ann Kujawa, Nathan Leclair, Sean Link, Dustin Lloyd, Bradley Losiniecki, Ahmad Mohie Mahmoud, Hannah Mann, Luke Maurer, Asma Motlani, Samantha Nagel, Thu Do Anh Nguyen, Adam Nocun, Maren Orlowski, Amber Rae Peplinski, John Peterson Jr., Meghan Peterson, Noelle Posda, Laura Rickey, Nathan Robertstad, Jordan Ross, Paul Saari, Kevin Sargent, Nicholas Savaglia, Timothy Schneider, Priyam Nitin Shah, Jacqueline Rose Sirovina, Kendall Sontag, Johnny Soto, Kristen Suiter, Tiffany Sullivan, Zeljan Tomasovic, Christopher Trejo, Noah Voegeli, Nathan Wenslaff, Janeih Yafai, Simone Maydeu Yang and Jacob Zyhowski.
·Kyle Emina of Oak Creek earned a bachelor's degree in music industry at the University of Southern California in December. He was a dean's scholarship recipient.
· The following graduates earned bachelor's degrees, or other degrees as noted, at Carroll University in Waukesha: from Oak Creek — Leah Jankowski, master's of education, Patricia Menz, education, and Chelsea Prawdzik, education; from Hales Corners — Kelly Menden, education, magna cum laude, and Ashley Nechy, education, magna cum laude; and from Greendale — Jennifer Giemza, master's of business administration.
·Sara Ryan of Hales Corners made the fall semester dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside.
·Grace Houriet of Hales Corners earned a bachelor's degree in criminal justice at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Mich.
· The following graduates earned bachelor's degrees, or other degrees as noted, at Concordia University in Mequon in December: from Franklin — Amy Rieger, nursing; from Greendale — Jeanine Bly, master's of human resource management; and from Oak Creek — Omer Canpolat, business management, Lindsey Davis, master's of occupational therapy, Jessica Rich, rehab science, Susan Satula, master's of leadership administration, and Brittany Zietlow, special education.
· The following graduates earned bachelor's degrees, or other degrees as noted, at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in December: from Franklin — Brittany Garcia, environmental studies and zoology, Cuncun Luan, doctorate of philosophy, and Meredith Audra Remter, biological systems engineering; from Greendale — StuartMohoney, biology and microbiology and immunology, Lauren Tracy, elementary education, with distinction; and from Oak Creek — Kailynn Archambeau, elementary education, Samantha Austin, master's of engineering, Matthew From, engineering, Troy Henkel, accounting, Megan O'Connor, psychology and social welfare, and Michael Skrzypek, athletic training.
·Rachel Kornhoff of Hales Corners, special education, and Samuel Wanta of Oak Creek, information systems, earned bachelor's degrees at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
· Cadet Everett Anderson of Franklin was awarded the Silver Star for Academic excellence during the first semester at St. John's Northwestern Military Academy in Delafield. Everett has been on the deans list for both the first and second quarters of this academic year.
· Air Force Airman 1st Class Brenton W. Thom of Oak Creek graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
· Air National Guard Airman Drake A. Reinick of Franklin graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
·Ava Padilla of Greenfield, a 13-year-old ballet student at Milwaukee's Academy of Classical Ballet, was accepted into the Joffrey Ballet's prestigious summer program. This particular program is geared for a select few who have enough potential to dance professionally.
Got some good news to share? We want to hear all about it. Send your announcements to Celebrations/NOW Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha 53186; or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: June 5, 2014
- Celebrations: April 24
- Celebrations: April 8
- Celebrations: March 17
- Celebrations: March 13
- Celebrations: Feb. 20
- Celebrations: Jan. 30
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 16
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Dec. 26
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 28
- Celebrations: Nov. 21
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Oct. 17
- Celebrations: Sept. 24
- Celebrations: Sept. 17
- Celebrations: Sept. 5